Learning More About

Learning More About
Spending My Special Time With God

Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Time To Pray


"Oh, how few find time for prayer! There is time for everything else, time to sleep and time to eat, time to read the newspaper and the novel, time to visit friends, time for everything else under the sun, but - no time for prayer, the most important of all things, the one great essential!"

Oswald J. Smith


"The inattentive, slovenly way we drift into the presence of God is an indication that we are not bothering to think about Him. Whenever our Lord spoke of prayer, He said, "Ask." It is impossible to ask if you do not concentrate."

Oswald Chambers


"Pray temperately and simply. Prayer is a heart-to-heart talk between yourself and God and needs no brilliant ideas, no flood of words."

Anonymous


When I was trying to put together my blog Footsteps in the valley, my intent was to have it serve multiple purposes.
1. I wanted to sow seeds of faith to bring the unsaved to Jesus Christ.
2. I wanted it to be a daily devotional with inspirational messages, poetry, art, and photography.

3. I wanted to develop an Internet link tool to help show people resources that are on the Internet for studies in their faith.

Well as I kept working on getting this all set up I kept finding wonderful resources and my blog page exploded. So now I have Footsteps In The Valley and More Footsteps In The Valley. One things that I wanted to have was a place for prayer. How much do we know about prayer? We know the Lord's prayer and most likely a few children's prayers too. Is that it? Do you feel comfortable praying by yourself? Do you feel comfortable praying in front of a group? Do you take time to pray every day?

I hope you will take time to check out the links I have on prayer. There are some great resources within these links. Each day I will be posting a prayer that goes with my blog message for the day. I fully believe in the awesome power of prayer. God has blessed me in so many ways with the prayers He has answered and the prayers He has not answered the way I thought I wanted Him too. I pray that this helps you build a stronger prayer time with God.

Dear Heavenly Father, there are times when I feel I have everything under control. It is during these times that I often forget how much you are there for me. There are other times in my life that I feel life is a mystery or a nightmare and I have no clue how to solve the mystery and I wish it were all a bad dream and I would just wake up. It is during these times when I realize how blessed I really am. You give me strength and courage to face my daily demons that want to prey on my weaknesses. You let me turn it all over to you, knowing that my heart can be at peace because nothing is beyond Your power. Father today help me maintain my self control so that all I do today may honor You and glorify Your name. May I feel true freedom today with my faith in you. This I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

FaithfulToOne © 2007

No comments:

I Want To Know More-

I Want To Know More-
Is There a Right Way or Wrong Way?

The Water Of Life

The Water Of Life
Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, FaithfulToOne © 2006

Watch Interview With The Devil

Watch Interview With The Devil
Click On The Link Button Below

Your E-mail can be a powerful faith tool when you send movie tracks.

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Does Your Email Address Witness To Your Faith?

I just wanted to let you know about another wonderful way that you can use the internet to sow the seeds of faith. It is with an faith email address. I have found two free sites that you can use to spread your faith. The first site address is http://www.jesusanswers.com You can set up a free email account with them. My email address with this site is the one I have with this blog. My email address at this site is allprayers@jesusanswers.com You have no idea about the many times people have commented on my email address. How many times do you give your email address out to people. What a statement of faith you can make using an email like the one I have. The second site address I just discovered. You can also set up a free email account with them. I just set up an address with them too. The site address is http://www.believeandrepent.com My new email address is allsinsforgiven@believeandrepent.com So now you have 2 choices you can use for email that will spread your faith without saying a word. Check them out.